- 4-5 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 wheel boursin cheese
- 1/2 cup flour, all purpose
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, finely chopped
- 3T olive oil, extra virgin for best flavor - or butter
- 1T chopped fresh herbs
- salt, pepper and granulated garlic to taste
- Lay chicken breast between 2 sheets of plastic wrap on a flat surface.
- Pound breasts with mallet or saute pan until thin but without tearing holes.
- Divide wheel of boursin cheese between the four breasts.
- Roll chicken breasts one at a time around cheese into a log form.
- Place pan in refrigerator for 1/2 hour.
- While chicken is chilling, prepare the other ingredients in three separate bowls - flour, salt & pepper to taste; egg & heavy cream combined well; breadcrumbs, pine nuts, olive oil, herbs, salt, pepper & granulated garlic.
- Prepare baking sheet and spray with non-stick coating.
- Remove chicken and begin the breading process.
- Place one breast at a time in the flour mixture and coat well, shaking off excess.
- Place breast in the egg mixture and coat well, draining excess.
- Place breast in breadcrumbs and coat well, closing up the ends and seams.
- Place breast on baking sheet and repeat with remaining breasts.
- Bake at 350F for approximate 30 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is trying to escape (internal temperature should read 140F on probe thermometer).
- May be served with a variety of sauces or none at all (we use a roasted red pepper cream sauce).
- Makes 4 servings
For many more recipes and video tutorials, CLICK HERE!