- 5 Farm Fresh eggs
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 1t ground cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy cream
- thick sliced, sourdough bread
- non-stick pan spray
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Heat cast iron skillet or saute pan to medium.
- Spray cooking pan with pan spray.
- Dip slice of bread into batter, allow excess to drip off back into bowl.
- Lay dipped bread into heated pan and cook for approximately 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown then remove from heat.
- Continue with the remaining bread, serve immediately with choice of toppings.
- Any type of bread may be used, but I like to use thick cut so it can soak up the batter.
- After slicing bread, leave it out to "dry out" for an hour or so before cooking. Really fresh bread can lead to soggy French toast.
- Additions to consider adding to batter: ground ginger or other spices, citrus zest and juice, or even a splash of your favorite after dinner spirit.
- Toppings that we use include whipped cream, berry compotes or jams, spiced apples, and of course maple syrup.
- This batter recipe will make enough French toast to feed about 4-6 adults.
For many more recipes and video tutorials, CLICK HERE!