- 4 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and sliced (about 1 qt.)
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 8oz fresh chilies, seeded and sliced
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1T chopped garlic
- Lawry's, salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper to taste
- 1 cup sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl
- Stir well to dissolve sugar
- Chill and marinate for a minimum of 6 hours or up to several days
- This recipe will make approximately 2 qt.
- Chilies can be adjusted to taste; add more or less and change up the variety!
- Changing up the vinegar is a fun way to play with this recipe; the apple cider is the standard one I use.
- When using hot chilies, the heat will intensify over time; either be careful or go crazy!
- This is a perfect side for anything coming off the grill this summer. We serve it with most of our holiday cookouts.
Posted by Evins Mill at 1:17 PM