- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup melted butter, unsalted
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash banana.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter into greased bundt or other desired baking dish.
- Bake for approximately one hour or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and remove from pan by inverting.
- Drizzle with a little powdered sugar/water glaze and start brewing coffee!
- This is a great basic coffee cake recipe; experiment with adding dried fruit and different spices as you see fit.
- Powdered sugar glaze is easy to make; start with 1/2 cup powdered sugar and begin mixing a few drops of water at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- This coffee cake will easily feed 10-16; Enjoy!
For many more recipes and video tutorials, CLICK HERE!