- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup Stonehaus Muscadine wine
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Bring water & sugar to boil over high heat, boiling until sugar is dissolved, 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Add muscadine wine and lemon juice.
- Place in freezer and allow to freeze overnight, stirring occasionally if possible.
- Remove from freezer.
- As it thaws slightly, scoop chunks into a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Return to freezer and allow to freeze overnight.
- Scoop into desired dish and enjoy.
- Freezing process may be done in ice cream machine if available.
- Stirring while freezing helps to have a more consistent texture and will be easier to scoop into food processor.
- Do not add wine to the sugar mixture while hot; this will compromise the taste of the wine, thus the sorbet.
- We serve this at special dinners between the salad and entree as a sorbet course.
- Can be served as a dessert with a few toasted almonds, fresh berries, fresh mint, or lemon zest.
- Makes approximately 4 cups sorbet.
For many more recipes and video tutorials, CLICK HERE!