- 5 blood oranges
- 2 cups frozen or fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 oz fresh ginger, peeled, sliced
- dash of crushed red pepper flakes
- dash of salt
- dash of fresh cracked black pepper
- Zest one of the blood oranges into small sauce pan.
- Peel oranges, cut segments into pan and squeeze in juice once segments are cut.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a slow simmer over low heat.
- Continue cooking on low heat for approximately 1 hour or longer if thicker preserve is desired, stirring occasionally.
- Cool, then refrigerate. Enjoy!
- Once cooking is finished, it may be canned at that point, but will keep under refrigeration for a good while. We have not had any hang around long enough to go bad!
- May leave out the spices for a more traditional breakfast preserve, but I really like the kick in the morning.
- I like slicing the ginger so that it is easy to remove, but it may be chopped up if you plan on leaving it in there.
- We use this warm, as a sauce for our braised duck, as well as a breakfast preserve with biscuits.
- Make approximately 1 1/2 cups
- May substitute other oranges or berries to create your own, have fun!
For many more recipes and video tutorials, CLICK HERE!