- 1 Tablespoon of your favorite oil per 1 cup of vegetables
- Sea salt and cracked peppercorns to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Peel and chop vegetables into bite size pieces or slightly larger
- Toss with oil of choice and salt and pepper
- Place on a baking sheet or dish so that the vegetables are not stacked on top of each other, but in a single layer to allow browning
- Roast in oven for approximately 1 hour, turning with a spatula half way through cooking
- Remove from the oven when the vegetables are tender and browning nicely
- Oils to use? sesame, olive, butter, coconut, rendered bacon! And many more.
- Try using some different color peppercorns or a few spices too, like curry, paprika, etc.
- Turning the vegetables halfway through will also help keep them from sticking badly to the pan
- One cup of raw vegetables is a good serving size per guest. It will end up being half that once cooked
- This is a great side for all your Fall and Winter meals and fun to surprise your guests with some of the lesser known veggies. Enjoy!