- 4 cups 2% milk
- ¼ cup butter (1/2 stick) or olive oil
- 1cup The Old Mill’s stone ground grits
- 1 cup grated cheese
- salt, fresh cracked pepper and crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- Bring milk, butter or oil, salt pepper and crushed red pepper to boil.
- Add grits and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Stir often and until grits are tender and thickening.
- This will take 30- 40 minutes. Stir in cheese and enjoy.
- Serves 4-6
- Serve for brunch with poached eggs or dinner with your favorite steak.
- We use stone ground grits which are much coarser and thus take longer to cook, if you are using quick grits you will need to shorten your cooking time
For many more recipes and video tutorials, CLICK HERE!