- 1# fresh leeks, white and light green part, medium diced, cleaned
- 1 rib celery, medium diced, cleaned
- 1 medium carrot, medium diced, cleaned
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 T fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1# Yukon Gold potatoes, peeed, medium diced, cleaned
- 1/2 -3/4 cup heavy cream, or half and half
- salt and pepper
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, cook leeks, carrot and celery; butter until they begin to soften.
- Add white wine and herbs and then bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and chicken stock and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for about 1 hour or until potatoes are soft and falling apart.
- Puree with emersion blender then strain.
- Add heavy cream or half and half and then salt and pepper to taste.
- More or less cream may be necessary after finishing soup, depending on the desired consistency.
- This soup may be served warm or cold. Consistency may need to adjusted once chilled.
- Makes approximately 1-2 quarts of soup.
- Total time is about 90 minutes.
- Garnish with a few finely chopped chives or sauteed garlic scapes.
For many more recipes and video tutorials, CLICK HERE!