- 4 cups cooked, drained, rinsed garbanzo beans (just rinsed if using canned)
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup re-hydrated, sun-dried tomatoes
- kosher salt, cracked black pepper, and ground cumin to taste
- Combine all ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Yes, that's it!
- I like to use extra virgin olive oil, but it is not necessary.
- I do like to use sesame oil in place of tahini, but again, that is personal. Tahini is more traditional, but I like the toasty flavor of the sesame oil.
- You can leave the sun-dried tomatoes out for a more traditional hummus as well.
- This recipe is quick to make and easy; it will make about 6 cups of hummus.
- We use this as an appetizer with fresh veggies, feta cheese and pita chips. It also goes great on a veggie sandwich or wrap. Enjoy!
For many more recipes and video tutorials, CLICK HERE!