- 4 Large Granny Smith apples, cut into 1/2" wedges
- 1 medium red onion, halved, cut into 1/4" slices
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup each of raisins, dried cranberries, and chopped, dried apricots
- 1/2 t crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in 2qt sauce pan.
- Bring to a low simmer and continue to cook for approximately one hour.
- Stir occasionally.
- Mixture should become thicker and fruit cooked through.
- Allow to cool off the heat for 30 minutes to continue thickening.
- Reheat when ready to serve.
- Other fruits like peaches or mangos can be used in place of, or in combination with, the apples or dried fruits.
- We serve this on pork tenderloin, grilled fish, and chicken satay.
- Makes approximately one quart.
For many more recipes and video tutorials, CLICK HERE!