- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 4oz moonshine or other spirit of your choice, or none at all
- In medium sauce pan, combine butter, sugar and honey.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium low and allow to simmer.
- Continue to simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally and checking that it does not boil over.
- Remove from the heat and away from open flames.
- Add the moonshine. Take care that it does not boil over or splash on you when doing this as boiling sugar will leave a blister.
- Add vanilla in the same manner and then add the cinnamon stick to flavor caramel while cooling.
- This recipe will make approximately 3 cups of sauce.
- Make this recipe your own by experimenting with different spices or spirits.
- Refrigerate covered for up to two weeks.
- We serve this on bread pudding, bake on apples with streusel topping, over cheesecake, chocolate cake and anything else that will be still.
- BE CAREFUL WITH HOT SUGAR MIXTURE! Last warning, it is tempting to stick your finger in and taste before it is cool, but it is not worth it - trust me.
For many more recipes and video tutorials, CLICK HERE!