- 2 pounds ground beef, 80/20 ratio (we use Gourmet Pasture Beef)
- 4 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1t ground ginger
- 2T chopped garlic
- 1/4t crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- black pepper to taste
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup whole oats (we use Tennessee Oats)
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl, using hands with gloves is the easiest way.
- Chill for one hour as they are easier to shape when they are cold.
- Shape into meatballs with hands or ice cream scoop to desired size.
- Place on baking pan with sides to catch excess grease.
- Bake in 400F oven for 15-20 minutes or until firm.
- Number of meatballs will depend on size, but for 1 ounce meatballs, you will get 30-40.
- Meatballs maybe frozen prior to cooking for latter use.
- Serve with any sauce you desire, stir fried vegetables or roasted winter squash.
For many more recipes and video tutorials, CLICK HERE!