- 3oz egg whites
- 6oz granulated sugar
- Fill medium size sauce pot 1/4 of the way with water and bring to boil.
- While water is heating, measure & combine the egg white & sugar in a stainless steel bowl that will fit over the top of the sauce pot.
- Once water is boiling, remove from heat.
- Place bowl with meringue mix over pot and whisk continuously until sugar is dissolved.
- Temperature should reach 120F or until just warm to the touch.
- Transfer mixture to an electric mixer and beat on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Mixture is now ready to be piped or shaped into the desired form.
- We usually use a piping bag and star tip, piping into rings with no bottom on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Once meringues are piped out, place baking sheet in warm oven (150F-200F) for 1 to 2 hours or until they have dried and are easily removed from baking sheet.
- We usually make a filling for these meringues using fresh berries, whipped cream and a berry sauce, but this is where you can get creative.
Makes approximately 20 4" rings.
For many more recipes and video tutorials, CLICK HERE!