- 1 ½ -2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 T each of black, green, and pink peppercorns, freshly ground
- 1 T Kosher salt
- Charcoal & Grill
- Remove silver skin from pork with sharp knife.
- Apply seasoning to pork tenderloin generously and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour or up to overnight. May reserve some of the seasoning depending on the size of your pork.
- Preheat charcoal in grill according to package instructions. Lightly oil grill surface.
- Grill pork on medium heat, browning on all sides and then continue cooking on low heat until desired temperature is reached.
- Remove from the heat and allow tenderloin to rest for 10 minutes, then slice thin and serve.
- I like to leave just a hint of pink in our pork tenderloin. When you think it is getting close, cut tenderloin in half to check, or using a meat thermometer, remove once internal temperature reaches about 135-140F. It will continue cooking for several minutes once removed from the heat.
- One pork tenderloin will usually serve three folks a pretty generous helping.
- A coffee grinder works great on those peppercorns or other spices; might want a small one just for spices. My wife does not like her coffee to taste like peppercorns!
- We serve this with apple chutney, Picatta sauce or a Bourbon cream.
- This has become a weekend and wedding favorite, enjoy!