- 7 ripe avocados, peeled and cut into bite size pieces (not too small)
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2t fresh chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup red onion, rough chop (about 1/2 onion)
- 1 cup+ fresh chilies, rough chop (mild, medium, hot...you decide)
- 1t ground cumin
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, rough chop
- kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- combine all ingredients in a large bowl...easy!
- Look for black skin avocados that are not mushy, but just gives under a little pressure.
- I like to use a variety of chilies both in color and heat, but you can make it as hot as you like.
- Keep all your pieces of avocado large enough that they do not just turn to mush when mixing; I like a nice chunky dip that you can identify what is in there. Use a rubber spatula and fold together.
- This is great with tortilla chips as a dip or is a wonderful side or sauce for quesadillas, grilled chicken and shrimp.
- This recipe takes maybe 10-15 minutes to make and creates approximately 6-8 cups depending on the size of the avocados.
- Art by Melissa Sarat
For many more recipes and video tutorials, CLICK HERE!