- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1t corn meal
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1t vanilla
- 1t white vinegar
- 1 9" pie shell
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Combine eggs, butter, sugar, corn meal, vanilla and vinegar in mixing bowl until smooth.
- Pour into pie shell, place in oven and bake for approximately 45 minutes or until just set.
- Place pie on a baking sheet to protect from overflows.
- This was my favorite dessert as a child and no one could make them like Granny.
- We usually pull this one out around Thanksgiving but it was always a staple at a family reunion too.
- Simple, Sweet and Southern; just like Granny.