- 1qt berries, fresh or frozen/thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 5T cornstarch
- 1 small lemon, zest and juice
- 1medium orange, zest and juice
- 1 stick butter, cold, cubed, 4oz
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 t ground cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients for filling in large mixing bowl, set aside for 30 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients for topping in a separate mixing bowl by cutting the butter into the sugar, flour, and cinnamon until a crumbly mixture is formed.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Stir filling again and transfer to desired baking dish.
- Cover filling with streusel topping.
- Bake at 350F for approximately 30-45 minutes or until cobbler is browned and bubbling.
- Remove and enjoy with vanilla ice cream!
- We have used all berries and combination of berries for this and is always great, be creative.
- We bake these in individual dishes for our guests; makes a nice personal dessert.
- We have also substituted peaches or rhubarb for some of the berries.
- I like to let the filling mixture set for 30 minutes to allow the sugar and cornstarch to dissolve well. Stirring before pouring it into the baking dish also helps to keep the cornstarch from settling, giving you a gummy bottom (on your cobbler). Enjoy!
For many more recipes and video tutorials, CLICK HERE!