- 5 large egg yolks
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- 6-3" graham cracker tart shells
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bake empty tart shells for 10-15 minutes until toasted brown.
- While tart shells are baking, whisk together egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk and lime juice.
- Fill toasted tart shells with egg mixture.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until filling is just set.
- Chill completely and serve with lightly sweetened whipped cream.
- We typically garnish with a slice of lime but raspberry sauce also works.
- This is a traditional style key lime, no green food coloring here.
- This recipe could also be used for a full size pie. It will take about 2 1/2 recipes to fill a 9" pie shell. You will still want to pre-bake the crust.
- When filling the tart shells, it is a good idea to fill them all the way. If not, the top of the crust will break off where filling is not touching.
For many more recipes and video tutorials, CLICK HERE!