- 8 oz fresh snow peas, washed and trimmed
- 3 T extra virgin olive oil
- coarse sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Julienne snow peas into long, thin strips
- Place peas in a mixing bowl and add oil, salt and pepper to taste
- Toss to combine and allow to set at room temperature for 30 minutes
- Add to any dinner for a light, crispy, tasty side
- Use very fresh snow peas. If they are limp, soak in ice water for an hour before cutting.
- Substitute the olive oil with sesame oil or an infused oil that you like.
- Sea salt is key; I like the crunch!
- Allowing them to sit for the 30 minutes will allow them to turn bright green, almost like you cooked them perfectly; they make a beautiful plate.
- Do not add the oil and salt to the peas too early, as they will continue wilting the longer they sit. 30-60 minutes is about right.
- Try with other raw veggies like asparagus, green beans, and broccoli to make your own creations.
- Snow peas are so good raw and so easy to overcook, this is a great way to get that sweet taste without having to worry with cooking (which usually turns into ugly and mushy... boo!)
For many more recipes and video tutorials, CLICK HERE!