- 1qt grilled vegetables, cut into bite size pieces (asparagus, squash, zucchini, peppers, onion, okra, corn, etc.)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- 1T honey
- 1/2 fresh tomato
- 1T extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grill, cool, and chop fresh veggies of your choosing and place in serving bowl. Bite size pieces are best.
- Place lemon, basil, honey, tomato, olive oil, salt and pepper into blender or food processor.
- Puree until smooth.
- Add to veggies and toss well to incorporate.
- Serve at room temperature or slightly warm.
- Take care not to over cook the veggies. Looking for the grilled flavor but not cooked all the way through.
- Home grown tomato will be best in the dressing if possible.
- Serve with your next cookout! There seems to always be a little heat left on the grill to throw a few veggies on after the steaks have cooked.
- Quick and easy, but a great way to enjoy all those summer veggies. Thanks to Chef Jesse for sharing!